Saturday, May 8, 2010

FOC MEN'S RETREAT 2010

I took my boys to the Family of Christ Lutheran Men's Retreat ...where we had an awesome time. Over 122 men from our church, and around the country attended. We Jeeped, 4X4, rock climbed, rappeled, shot guns and grew in our spiritual walk as well.
One of the best places in the state to rappel is a rock cliff called My Place....this pic was taken looking straight up....200 ft...

Matt was a leader and instrumental in the Men's Retreat.

Kyle backing down the rappel they named "Freaking Awesome"...175 foot rock face...

Great shot of big air!

That is my boy! Check out the last video further down...
3 years ago I chickened out of doing the 200 ft rappel...this year I conquered my fear and volunteered to be the first one off.....
The rope was rated to hold over 2500 lbs...it was close...
What is neat about this rappel is that you have a 4 ft ledge then a cut-away leading to a 200 ft free rappel (no rock face to bounce off of)...kind of like rappeling off a helicopter...

Right underneath the ledge was an eagles nest....
Dangling by a rope...preyty cool.

We jeeped and jeeped....one of the best investments I have ever made...Matt and Kyle love it. Can't wait to get the grandboys involved.
I wish I had a better shot of this...Kyle ran it up on a rock...50 degree angle...

Here is the Men's Retreat Video that Kristen made for church....this will give you a feel for what we did...amazing work!

Kyle coming down off a rappel...

No comments:

Post a Comment