Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Springtime in France!!

" VIVE L'AMOUR! "

I finally arrived in France and it has been 2 weeks since I have seen Linda...I missed her terribly! After spending the night we were off to Italy for the weekend with Linda's Aunt Ella and her husband Gerald. This is the way to travel...with wonderful people, who know the country, speak the language, and can take you places where the average tourist sitting on a tour bus will never visit...here is a map of the Southern France Coastline...the route we took skirted the Mediterranean Sea...unbelieveable!!


Reminds me allot of the California Coastline...



I think we stop at a cafe' 6 times a day...between all the caffeine and the wine...we are walking around half-buzzed or wired....but when in France!!...



Here is the other problem...
Keeping Gigi out of the pastry shops...I am looking around for the Pastry version of AA to enroll her in...as you can the see the bakery owner knows her well...my cholesterol has got to be north of 500 by now...I stepped on a European bathroom scale the other day...it felt good to see I only weighed 100...kilograms that is (I think that converts to 2.2 lbs) ... so add sugar inake to the wine buzz, and caffiene shakes...haven't even mentioned the French cheese....but weee having fun!


OKAY... I ADMIT IT....I LOVE CREPES!!!!!


From the Will Ferrell movie...Talladega Nights
Jean Girard: [has Ricky in an arm lock] I will let you go, Ricky. But first, I want you to say..."I... love... crepes." Cal Naughton, Jr.: Don't you say it, Ricky. These colors don't run. Ricky Bobby: I'm not gonna say it. Cal Naughton, Jr.: Good. Ricky Bobby: Hey, look, Frenchy, I thought about it. So why don't you go ahead and break my arm? Jean Girard: I do not want to break your arm, Monsieur Bobby, but I am a man of my word. Ricky Bobby: Here's the deal. He's not gonna break it because I'm gonna slip out of it right now. Houdini! [he tries unsuccessfully to get free] Jean Girard: Whoa! Get down, you little pancake. Ricky Bobby: Someone might as well get me a beer while I'm down here. Jean Girard: But you have forced me to do this. You are now mocking me and making me look ridiculous. Just say, "I love crepes."

Shopping the Markets...another indulgence of my wife's...her reaction when I said we could GO...




European Makeover...a failed attempt!...because my bags didn't show up for 4 days...

Italian Skivies...I almost bought a pair!

We ended the day with a Fabulous meal at a restaurant right on the Mediterranean...you could hear the waves crashing just outside.

More tomorrow...maybe some actual tourist pics...

2 comments:

  1. wow! it looks like you guys are having the TIME OF YOUR LIVES! looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig & Linda - Thanks for sharing with us, in pictures, about your trip! What an experience! We miss you around here...safe travels to you both. Blessings, Wendy & Rick

    ReplyDelete