Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back In Paris

Pepe's Morning Quote:

"You know, most men would get discouraged about now… fortunately for her, I am not most men"
Here is a funny story...

Max and Linda left Sylvie and I talking in a conversation. The problem is that I don't understand French. Sylive understands a little English, and request that I speak slowly. With that in mind we had a 10 minute coversation, because as she spoke her French...she did it....very.... slowly, thinking that everytime I nodded my head, I understood. What should have taken 20 seconds...


As we headed back to Paris from Trôo...we met up with Max after his appointment...enjoying April in Paris at a sidewalk cafe'.


Here is a fabulous picture of a back tire...it would have been better if the Arc de Triomphe wasn't in the background...it ruined my shot.

As we arrived back at Franck and Nadia's house...we had a Algerian delicacy called Couscous or kuskus. Nadia's and her family are of Algrian descent.

Franck and Max serving up the kuskus...teamwork!



Another rich experience with family...Franck and Nadia with their 3 boys, Sacha, Mehdi-Yann, and Lucas (I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the boys...ages 17, 15 and 14) are planning a trip to the USA in July and August...they want to go to the Grand Canyon...in August...they want to go to the Grand Canyon...anybody want to lead that trip?

As we moved on to Linda's Uncle Raymond's house (pronounced Raymawn) , he took us to Montmarte' where all the artist hang out. It reminded me of a miniature French Quarter in New Orleans.

In every house we stayed at, there were some incredible art works...now I know why Linda is always looking at paintings, etc...wanting to buy something for the house.



Just outside on MontMarte' is The Sacré-Cœur Basilica that overlooks Paris from the highest point in the city.



You can see Sacre' Cour in the background...we were at the Eiffel Tower when I spotted it it...in the foreground I took an amazing papparazzi shot of Angelina Jolie in disguise...and she thought I wouldn't see her.

The church was so big and I was so close I couldn't get some real good shots...but this is a magnificent place...they would not allow pictures inside...but it would be worth a search on the Internet to see if you could find some.





This is a picture of the traffic circle at the Arc de Triomphe...it is total madness...no traffic lanes what so ever...you have to act like a bat and turn on your sonar...I even saw a guy riding a bicycle in the middle of it.


Here aresome shots hanging out of the car...


Not surewhat I ate for lunch, but it was good.


The obligatory tourist picture to prove we were in Paris.

What you do in Paris under the Eiffel Tower.


In the afternoon we went to Linda's cousin Cecile's house...everyone showed up for a great meal.

Linda's cousins (Raymond and Marceline's children)...Cecile and Marc. Cecile claims she is the better cousin!

The rest of the family!!

Heading to Strausborg tomorrow...at the same time O'Bama will be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment