Thursday, April 9, 2009

Viva la' FRANCE!!!

Pepe's Final Words:
"You know, sometimes I ask myself 'Ees eet worth eet?' and I answer myself 'YEEEEEES! EET EES WORTH EET!' VIVA L'AMOUR!!!!"
As the final blog of our "French Experience"...there is no way you can just call this a trip...Linda and I both want to express our gratitude to all of our family and friends that have made this such a memory! You made us feel special...and everyone of you are special to us!

Simone (Moulie)...you were right...I was going to love France...especially the family...

I am coming home to the USA to "dry out" after 25 days of consecutive alcohol (wine and beer!!)...detox my body to rid myself of the caffeine (coffee' was supercharged)...but I did eat a salad everyday for 25 straight days!!!


Thanks again to our missionary friends, Mike and Susan Morykon for allowing us to use their house as a base camp for many of our excursions...Blessings on your ministry there in Lattes!

Out trip got started smoothly as Linda's Aunt Ella and her husband Gerald took care of us...Thank you for the Veronique Sanson CD...we have French Music now in Colorado!!!...we will always remember our time in Italy!!! and to Maru...I thank you for the wonderful meals and letting us use your bed the first couple of nights...Good Luck in School...Hopefully someday we can host you in the USA!! Thank you Nadia for being such a wonderful host and putting us up for 3 days...the Kuskus was fantastic...Hopefully when we come back we can spend more time to together...maybe go dancing!!
Franck taught me the one phrase in French to say that covers all situations..."C'est pas grave"...which basically means "no big deal" in English...I used it over and over...and heard it being used everywhere I went. Franck...your hospitality knows no end...Merci Beau Coup!!!

Come to Colorado...we will have some fun...I will take you and your family here in the Jeep...

Christian and Francois...thank you for putting together a marvelous weekend...from the family dinner to the weekend in Villadperdrix...Christian gave me an old "skeleton" key...he said it was the "key to the city"...it turns out to be over 300 years old...I am now claiming to have the oldest artifact in Palmer Lake, Colorado as of now!

Nicola, Odile, and Tomas...thank you for the case of wine!! It is all gone!!!

Katherine...Jean Paul...Good Luck in the upcoming buiness season...you both are allot of fun! Thank you for giving me my adopted French name"Jean Cleg"... he thanks you for making him feel like he belonged there!!!


Max and Sylive...what can I say that the video below won't...you guys loved us like you love life!!
Sylvie...I am saying this very...s l o w l y....so you...u n d e r s ta n d....!!!!! (inside joke!)




Raymond and Marceline...Mark and Cecile...thank you for hosting a great meal and introducing me to the rest of the family...in total I met 32 out 34 family members!

Eric, Dominique, Raphael, and Sandra...thank you for arranging O'bama and Sarkozy to be in Strasbourg the same day we were there...Eric you added to the level of excitement when we went out to watch a anti-NATO potential riot and you asked me if I had a scarf to fend off the "tear gas"...you are also an awesome chef!

Dominique...we are going to kidnap you if we ever make it to Greece (Dominique has the equivalent to a PhD in Greek History). You have a wonderful family...and your kids are amazing!
___________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to share our experiences in reading this blog...we will update it often to share with you what is going on in our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment